This guide will focus on rooting Samsung Galaxy S5. As long as you follow the steps presented here, you can root your phone successfully without having to worry of bricking it.
- To get started right away, get the needed tools here: Rooting Tools
- Then you will need to go to the Settings menu of your phone. Then, tap the System and touch Security option. You must do these steps since the toolkit can’t be found on Google Play Store. On the Security section, scroll down until you find Unknown Sources option. Tap it and touch the Ok button when a message appears explaining about what Unknown Sources would do.
- Before you proceed to the next step, make sure that your phone has at least 80% battery. If it’s fully-charged, then that’s better. Although you can still go on with the process of rooting with 50% battery, it would be nice to have extra power in case you’ll need it.
- Second thing you have to do is to open your phone’s browser. Go to the hacker’s website – www.towelroot.com. From there, you can download the installer by tapping the lambda symbol. Take note that there’s no “download” button that you can find on that site. The only way to get the installer file is to tap that symbol. It is prominently displayed so you won’t miss it.
- The third step is hit the Install button. But this will only appear after the installer has been completely downloaded. Once the installation process is complete, tap the Open button.
- Tapping the Open button will lead to the toolkit window. The app’s UI is very simple that the only button that you can find is “make it ra1n.” To start rooting your device, you just have to tap that button.
- The process will start as soon as you hit that button. Rooting using this method will only take a few minutes to complete. After it exploits your phone and copy the required files for rooting, your mobile will reboot automatically.
- After it has rebooted, the S5 root is now completed. The entire step wouldn’t take you more than 5 minutes. However, it will still vary on your expertise.
- Now, you may need to verify as to whether or not your phone has been completely rooted. You may download an app that can verify such through Google Play. Confirm it and you’ll realize that your phone’s root file is now accessible.
So again, make sure that you get the needed tools first before starting. Get them here: Rooting Tools
Why root S5?
There are plenty more benefits that you can experience when you root Galaxy S5. But, it is risky. This is especially true for non-techies. But with the simple steps presented above, you’re highly likely to have a rooted phone without the risk of bricking it. To persuade you more into giving this process a try, why not read some of the benefits of rooting your device.
- Save space on your phone. Some apps on your phone can’t be uninstalled, even though you are not using them. This is because they are pre-installed by Samsung or your carrier. Unfortunately, they can take a lot of space in your phone’s storage. Getting rid of them is possible only when you root your device.
- Have custom ROMs. Why would you like to have custom ROMs in the first place? We can give you tons of reasons but the most important one is that it offers better performance and efficiency. Another essential reason is that you can install apps and save it to your SD card. This ability is not possible with stock ROMs.
If you don’t like the outcome, however, you can always unroot it. But we doubt that you would as rooting it could give you endless possibilities.